Venerable Sangharakshita is one of the most significant Buddhist pioneers in the West. I have always looked to his books for inspiration and ideas on how to better translate the principles and practices of Buddhism for western audiences and practitioners today. – Lama Surya Das
Subscribe to The Complete Works of Sangharakshita. Be part of an enduring legacy for Triratna and the Buddhist world.
Sangharakshita is the founder, principal teacher and guide of the Triratna Buddhist Order and Community. The Complete Works of Sangharakshita include all his previously published work, as well as talks, seminars and writings published for the first time. This collection represents the definitive edition of his life’s work as a Buddhist writer and teacher.
Windhorse Publications is very proud to be publishing this new collection.
Launched in October 2016, we aim to publish the twenty-seven volumes over eight years, not in strict volume order, but in groups of four or five volumes ranging over each of the six ‘baskets’ that the collection is divided into – Foundation, India, The West, Commentary, Memoirs, and Poetry and the Arts. Learn more about the project. View the list of all titles in the Complete Works.
When you subscribe:
- you pay up to 34% less per volume than the standard retail price
- you can choose to receive just the print editions – soft or hardback – or the print plus the eBook editions
- at the end of the publishing period you will have all twenty-seven volumes – a beautifully produced and authoritative collection of Sangharakshita’s writings
- annual payments as in the table below are for five years
Shipping costs for hardback or paperback are as follows:
Click to subscribe to the edition of your choice:
- Subscribe to The Complete Works of Sangharakshita Hardback
- Subscribe to The Complete Works of Sangharakshita Paperback
- Subscribe to The Complete Works of Sangharakshita eBook
- Subscribe to The Complete Works of Sangharakshita Hardback + eBook
- Subscribe to The Complete Works of Sangharakshita Paperback + eBook
[Sangharakshita] treats all the Buddhist canonical literature with the respect it deserves and presents carefully argued defences of the tradition, while correcting a number of widely held misrepresentations of it … – Lama Shenpen Hookham
The first volume to be launched, Volume 9, is available now. In 1956, along with hundreds of thousands of his followers, Ambedkar renounced the Hindu caste system – according to which they were condemned to be ‘untouchable’ – and converted to Buddhism. In Dr Ambedkar and the Revival of Buddhism I, Sangharakshita explains clearly why Dr. Ambedkar is of continuing relevance to all Buddhists worldwide.
Watch this video to hear two key editors, Kalyanaprabha and Vidyadevi, discuss their roles in the Complete Works project: