Job title: Marketing co-ordinator
Location: Working from home, with occasional meetings in Cambridge once that’s possible.
Salary: £TBC, dependent on skills and experience.
Role: Part time (up to 3 days per week). Initial one year contract.
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to Dhammamegha@windhorsepublications.com
Closing date: 19 March 2021
Would you like to help us share the Dharma? Windhorse Publications is recruiting for a new marketing person. We specialise in adult non-fiction about meditation, mindfulness and Buddhism. We serve the Triratna Buddhist Community and contemporary Buddhist practitioners with life-changing books.
We’re looking for a dynamic and highly organised junior marketer and publicist. The successful applicant will be able to develop relationships with media, book buyers and distributors, and develop systems to expand sales to the book trade. You will be an excellent all-rounder able to develop marketing campaigns, present new book titles, and work with social media, copy and spreadsheets. We’d like to hear from you if:
- You are outgoing and confident.
- You are a problem solver, proactive and inclined to take initiative.
- You have a good command of both spoken and written English.
- You are comfortable working with numbers and familiar with spreadsheets.
- You are comfortable working with social media, and able or willing to be trained in editing audio and visual media.
This role would suit someone recently graduated from a publishing degree and seeking to make their mark, or someone with experience in marketing, publicity and relationship building. The rest of the team are Buddhists, and we value colleagues who are ethical, warm, enthusiastic and interested in personal development.